Saturday, August 20, 2011

I BOUGHT WATERPROOF

Today is the day that the Royce family leaves to return to the Boise area. They have had an exciting time moving, complete with Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and Montana. They have moved a few times in Nampa. This last move was back to Chubbuck. It was nice to be able to have them so close, even if it was temporary.

Although they have moved a bunch of times, this time really feels different. For everyone.

This time we know it is permanent. They love the area, the shopping, having Jason's large family so close, and still living within driving distance to see our family. Somehow, knowing that they won't be moving back (even though they are close) makes it feel so final. And sad.

Yesterday, I spent time with Robyn cleaning out her rental. I'm sure it was hard for her to pack everything up, yet again, and clean out a place that isn't even theirs. But, we did it.

And then I took my kids to Grandma Cindy's to say goodbye to their cousins.

They enjoyed a little bit of playing dress up.

And then gave BIG hugs to say goodbye. Grandma Zoey was there saying goodbye too. As we were leaving, Robyn said that it was good --- no tears. I said, "Yet." And then she said, "I bought waterproof." We chuckled.

Yes, tears will flow. And we will cry. And we will miss them.

And we can't wait to see them again ... soon!

My Wish

I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,

And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,

I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,

If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,

You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,

Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,

I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,

Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.


But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,

You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,

Yeah, this, is my wish.

This is my wish
I hope you know somebody loves you

May all your dreams stay big

Good luck Royce family! You will be missed!

No comments: