Tuesday, August 30, 2011

IT SHOULDN'T BE HARD

It shouldn't be hard to say goodbye. At least in theory.

But I miss Ang. I miss Robyn. And, I miss Sara.

It has been hard to process losing so many loved ones this summer. They aren't dead; they are just many miles away. A few days ago, I came to the realization that it is naive to think that everyone you love will live close to you forever. It's true that people move all the time. And they survive ... I'm sure their friends do as well.

Each day this summer, I've focused on little moments. One day at a time. My heart aches ... some days worse than others. I wonder when I feel so bad, what do they feel like? Do they miss Pocatello and Chubbuck? Do they miss surprise dropbys to say hello? Do they miss family?


In the process of saying goodbye and having a few real good cries, I know that I've made other friends feel bad ... It is not intentional and I love you just as much. Truth be told, I am close to family and friends (shocker, I know). Those who I call my friends, I call family. I would do anything for any of you!

And so, as summer comes to a close, I look forward to wonderful times with all of you. I can't wait to try out Skype and come for visits. I can't wait to get to know all of my Pocatello friends a bit better.

But just a warning. If you decide to move away, it might just be hard for me to say goodbye!




No comments: