Saturday, January 18, 2014

ANG-CATION DAY #2 - GIRL'S LUNCH, SHERIDANS

Another sleep in day (not quite as late) and Remington opened my door to find me reading my book and looking at him. His response, "Oh! You're awake" followed by shutting the door ever so quickly.

Sally was hosting a girls lunch for the ladies that are not in school or what not. It was so much fun to get together and visit with these ladies!

Kara, Tracy, Nicole, Shannon, Ang

Kristin and Sally


Sally made the best soup for the occasion. She calls it "New Year's Day Good Luck Soup" and she believes that it really does bring good luck! It was super delicious, so she's letting me share the recipe. And I don't mind the good luck either!

3 cans black beans
3 cans kidney beans
3 cans great northern beans
2 cans pinto beans (not smashed)
3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into cubes
2 cans green chili peppers
1 Tbs chicken broth
1-2 cans of stewed tomatoes (or just add the rotel which has both tomatoes and chilis)

Drain the cans a bit before dumping them in.

Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, or greek yogurt.

We also had cheesy bread, which was fun to go with it. Ang also made a fantastic salad that I should have taken pictures of. She really is amazing. Tracy made a banana chocolate cake for dessert and I just loved her attitude about the sunken in middle. She was light hearted and decided it was what it was!

Then as I was talking and visiting with the ladies, I noticed that Sally had this vinyl tile displayed in her house. I love the saying and it touched my heart as I was in Kansas with Ang, a truly great friend!

Ang made Hawaiian haystacks which were super yummy for dinner! Thanks for cooking tonight Ang!

The other highlight of the day was picking up Sheridan's concrete! It was great and I love that it says Voted Best of Topeka on the sign! It was really cold that night, but so sweet to have another treat!!! Thank you Warth family for spoiling me!

No comments: